Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

The countdown begins...

THIS POST ORIGINALLY WAS POSTED ON MY OTHER BLOG. ORIGINAL COMMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN MOVED OVER.


Oh yes, just hours away from the start of the 2012 Dewey's Read-a-Thon and I have my stack of library books all ready to go plus the hundreds that I personally own that are stacked on my shelves. Thanks to the lovely Jamie of The Perpetual Page-Turner, I put 15 books on reserve last night. We picked up 10 of them today. She recently did a Top Ten "Older" Books I Don't Want People to Forget for her Top Ten Tuesday post. Many of the reserves came from that list because I hadn't read any of them except for everything Judy Blume ever wrote.

Tonight will be spent getting all my snacks ready. In the morning I will hit as many yardsales as I can get in before the 8 AM start time. Then it's reading and reading until the next morning. Still not sure if I will go the whole 24 hours yet but I will be reading until I don't want to read anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!