Pages

Monday, November 5, 2018

Nonfiction November Week 2: Pair Ups



Week 2 of Nonfiction November! This week's theme is pair ups. 

Week 2: (Nov. 5 to 9) – Fiction / Nonfiction Book Pairing (Sarah’s Book Shelves): This week, pair up a nonfiction book with a fiction title. It can be a “If you loved this book, read this!” or just two titles that you think would go well together. Maybe it’s a historical novel and you’d like to get the real history by reading a nonfiction version of the story.

One of my favorite things to read about is World War II so I am going to suggest Sons and Soldiers again.  It would pair so well with one of my favorite books of all time - All the Light We Cannot See.  














Reading about this subject isn't always easy but I think that it is important to learn from the past. Both of these books are well written and engaging. 

If you're participating in Nonfiction November, share your link below. I would love to see what you are reading!

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read all that much about WWII, nor books set in that time period, so these recommendations are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to know if you ever end up reading them!

      Delete
  2. I did read All the Light We Cannot See but prefer reading about WWI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read much about WWI for some reason. I think I became interested in WWII because Churchill fascinates me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! This prompt was harder for me than I thought.

      Delete
  4. nice! All The Light We Cannot See was so so good. Here's my post: https://wordsandpeace.com/2018/11/07/nonfiction-november-2018-book-pairings/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite books of all time. Loved it! Going to visit your page now...

      Delete
  5. WWII is a favorite time period of mine for books. Great pairing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!