Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dualed by Elsie Chapman {Thoughts On}



Title: Dualed (Dualed #1)
Author: Elsie Chapman
Rating: 2 of 5
Source: Library

Summary from Goodreads:

In the city of Kersh, everyone must eliminate their genetic Alternate twin, raised by another family, before their twentieth birthday. West Grayer, 15, has trained as a fighter, and has one month to hunt and kill her Alt. A tragic misstep shakes her confidence. Guilty, grieving, she feels unworthy, runs from her Alt and from love - both can destroy her.

Dualed was one of my most anticipated debuts of 2013 but after less than stellar reviews started streaming in, it got pushed way down the list. When I saw that the sequel, Divided, was being released, I decided I should probably try it. I'm disappointed to say that I was...disappointed. 

It just didn't make sense. The fact that there are Alts at all doesn't make sense. The "romance" didn't really make sense. West's initial rejection of the "romance" didn't make sense. Do you sense a theme? No sense making. In spades.

The good:

It grabbed me from the first sentence and it was pretty action packed throughout. West wasn't a hugely dislikable character. Chord sounded cute.

Other than those things I spent most of the book scratching my head wondering if I was missing something. I have Divided on my Kindle so at some point I'll continue with the series but sadly, I'm in no rush.     

1 comment:

  1. I hate when a book I'm excited about ends up being really disappointing! Things should definitely make sense! Sorry it was such a letdown!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!