Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Nonfiction November Week 1: My Year in Nonfiction



Nonfiction November is here. Week one is being hosted by Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness. This week we are talking about my year in nonfiction. 

I am a huge fan of nonfiction and read it quite a bit. This year, so far, I have read:

What was your favorite nonfiction read of the year?

So far, I would have to say that I enjoyed Sons and Soldiers the most. Although it was a heartbreaking read, I found the stories so interesting. We read this one for History Book Club. 

Do you have a particular topic you’ve been attracted to more this year?


I am endeavoring to start a network marketing company so I have been reading about social media marketing quite a lot.

What nonfiction book have you recommended the most?

I don't recommend many books to people. 

What are you hoping to get out of participating in Nonfiction November?

I am hoping to be more aware of what nonfiction I am reading so that I will read a wider variety. As I mentioned above, I have been more interested in business books this year.

7 comments:

  1. What have been some of the social media marketing books that have really stood out to you? It's something I do, so I'm always interested in GOOD, thoughtful books about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately nothing has stood out to me. I have found that they repeat the same info over and over. All could be 25 page ebooks instead. General self development books seem to have helped me more than ones that are specific to marketing.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately nothing has stood out to me. I have found that they repeat the same info over and over. All could be 25 page ebooks instead. General self development books seem to have helped me more than ones that are specific to marketing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading a bit of business/self development nonfiction this year too. I started with Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic, which I liked quite a bit. One I'm hoping to get to before the year ends is The Spark and the Grind by Erik Wahl, which is also a book about creativity. Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Big Magic on my Kindle. Glad to hear another who enjoyed it! Will have to look up The Spark and the Grind. Thanks for the recommendation and thanks for hosting this month!

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!