Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Florida "Snow"

Taking a break from my regular bookish posts to show the "snow" (fine, it's sleet!) that we got here in Florida this morning. I know people up north are making fun of us Southerners (what else is new?) but we aren't prepared for icy roads and the like so school was cancelled today.


Ice on the car


A little pile


Another view of the little pile


You could see a bit of it on the ground


Ice on the vines


Frozen leaves


Another pile a little ways down our road


Wanted a picture of the boys in front of the little pile of ice because who knows if it will ever happen again. Cole was amused for about 1 minute and then he wanted to go inside where it is warm. Ian and I were in heaven. We need to move to where there is real snow.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! This is what I feel like as a Texan when we have this type of weather. Then, BAM, it'll really snow and ice (more than a 1/2 inch) and we have no idea what to do with ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy. And now we are back up to 80 degrees!

      Delete
  2. I've had two snow storms in the past month drop more than a foot each time...I'm so over winter and it won't be over for another two months at least :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Born and raised Florida girl so I can't even imagine. I love the cold weather but am not sure that I could get used to the snow and driving in it.

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!