Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Walking Dead Vol 1: Days Gone Bye



Title: The Walking Dead Vol 1: Days Gone Bye
Author: Robert Kirkman and illustrated by Tony Moore
Pages: 144, paperback
Rating: I loved it!

I picked up a copy of this for Dewey's read-a-thon but left it in the car. When I wanted to read it, it was after midnight and I wasn't going outside in the dark to get it. I wish I had. It was wonderful! I consider this my first graphic novel even though I loved comics as a kid. 

I am a huge fan of the show so to see what it was based off of was really interesting. The illustrations were good and it was such a fun read. I will definitely be picking up more graphic novels in the future.

I loved how the illustrations not only supported the story but in many instances told the story. That's a really different way for me to read a book and I enjoyed it very much.

Our library system doesn't seem to carry very many graphic novels so I'll be on the lookout for them other places for sure.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these and comparing them to the show! There are so many differences....just wait till you pick up the next one :) I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this one so much!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!