Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I HAD to Have That I Haven't Read Yet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is the books that we had to buy but haven't yet read. I picked 10 off the shelves closest to me because I had to narrow it down somehow. I am really bad about reading library and review books over books that I own. I haven't bought many books lately but I can be quite bad about needing all the shiny books I see on other blogs.


 All of the Lord of the Rings books. In tradepaper back AND movie tie-in editions. And I haven't read a one. Not a single one. Nada. Hangs head in shame.











Praise Habit by David Crowder. I am a huge fan of the David Crowder band so when I saw this at our local Christian bookstore, I had to have it. I have tried to read it twice now and still haven't finished it. It is funny and wonderful but all the new shiny books coming in the door always makes this one get pushed to the side. Unfortunate because David Crowder rocks.






Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn. My bookish BFF, Tamara, loved this one so I bought it from Amazon without even knowing what it was about. I tried to read it once but, of course, I picked up a library book instead. Isn't this the cutest title ever?









The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. Another bookish BFF, Tanya, read and loved this one. She sent me a copy and I still haven't read it though. I've heard such good things about this one too.








Fleur de Leigh's Life of Crime by Diane Leslie. Another one that Tamara loved and I bought but haven't read. Love this cover. 




The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley. Another one that everyone was reading and loving that I had to have. But I haven't read it, of course.















The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig. Yep, same as above. Had to have it but haven't read it. Heard good things about it though. Maybe one day I will actually get to it.














The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. Another one that I haven't read but that I was excited to get. Several people have said that I will love this one. And I will...one day. In the meantime, this chunkster gets pushed to the back of the pile.

For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway. After having a big argument (at a yard sale of all places) on Hemingway's best works, the lady I was talking to tried to talk me into reading this one. She thought it was his best work. I found an awesome library cover edition of this soon after that conversation. And it's so pretty...sitting on the shelf. Unread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!