Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fang Girl by Helen Keeble - thoughts



Title: Fang Girl
Author: Helen Keeble (Website)(Twitter)
Pages: 342
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Comedy
Rating: I loved it!

Originally read about this one on Kat's blog, The Aussie Zombie, and immediately added it to my Goodreads TBR shelf. A huge vampire fangirl is turned into a real one? A little brother who is totally sarcastic and into steampunk? A mysterious hot guy with an accent? OMGosh, what is there not to love?

This was my first read during the recent Read-a-Thon and I am so glad that I picked it first. It was absolutely adorable. So unique and with such interesting and well developed characters. Kept me interested throughout the entire book with tons of great interaction, dialogue and action.

I really enjoyed how Xanthe Jane was so funny and quirky. She was one of the most unique characters I've ever read. Not sure who I loved more, her or her little brother Zach. The references to his steampunk obsession were such a wonderful touch and he was so stinkin' funny to boot! The scenes with her parents (who wanted to be changed into vampires to protect her) were so real...some funny, some embarrassing, some sweet and some annoying....so true to real life.

This one scored a 5 out of 5 because I have nothing even slightly negative to say about it. A fun, fast and entertaining read, I'd recommend it to fans of sarcastic characters, one of kind characters, fans of vampires or of general paranormal. So glad I read this one. I can't recommend it enough! I will give any of her future books a try without hesitation!

And as a side note, the lovely author, commented on my blog yesterday that she was delighted to have entertained me. I love that.

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds so cute! I feel like it has been out forever but it really just came out late last year, so I'm not sure why I feel like I'm so behind on this one... Anyway, I loved your review and I'm definitely going to have to pick this one up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Andrea, do get it. It was so cute! I was glad that I picked it as my first Read-a-Thon read. Funny, quick and so enjoyable!

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!