Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is top ten reasons I love being a blogger/reader.
This week's theme is awesome. I did 5 for each.
Reasons I love being a blogger:
1. The great people I've met - I have some friends that I've met through blogging and it is wonderful!
2. Interacting through comments on my blog. Talking books is my favorite part of being a blogger.
3. Getting great ideas for books. The variety of book blogs makes it so easy to have a (towering) TBR pile. Being a book blogger makes me in the know about all the new books because of those great book blogs.
4. Being able to review books. Just the very idea that I can read something and then talk about it is so great. I love being able to talk books with people who "get" me.
5. Sharing books. I adore getting books in the mail and I love sending them too. Being a book blogger has made it where I can do this regularly.
Reasons I love being a reader:
1. Book boyfriends. This one is pretty self explanatory, yes?
2. Escaping from every day life...even if it is into a place that I wouldn't really want to live (the Hunger Games, anyone?)
3. Revisiting old favorites and realizing, once again, how wonderful they are.
4. Passing on my own love of reading to my boys. Seeing them enjoy books makes me even more glad that I'm a reader.
5. Tons of choices for things to do since I can read my way to anyplace...Italy in 1920? New Orleans in the future? A charming boarding school for wizards? I can go anyplace at anytime without leaving my couch.