Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman



Title: Fortunately, the Milk
Author: Neil Gaiman
Source: Library
Rating: very cute

This was my first experience with a Gaiman book and I now understand why he is so popular. The boys and I read this one during a "mandatory read outside day" and we all enjoyed it. When the Mom goes on a trip and leaves the two kids with their Dad, they find no milk for breakfast. When the father is gone a super long time walking to the corner store for the milk, the kids start to worry. When he arrives back home he tells them a fantastical story of why he was gone so long.

It was adorable and such a short read. Perfect for reading aloud. Due to the length, I don't have a lot to say about it but I am looking forward to trying another Gaiman. I understand that he narrators the audio version of this. I think that I'll try to get my hands on it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!