Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Read-a-thon Tips

Tomorrow is Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. Yay! This is one of my favorite bookish events and I am co-hostessing again as well. Fun times. A few tips for the big day...

Don't stress - read as little or as much as you want. There is no "right" amount of time.

Mix it up - I've found that when I mix up the genres during the day, I'm less likely to get bored or get burned out. I tried reading only YA dystopians one time and I was completely tired of them by the end.

Try something new - this is a great time to try a new to you genre. All that reading time...fill it with fun.

Take breaks and stay hydrated - take breaks when you need them and don't forget to stay hydrated. Both will really help you in the long haul.

Maybe count pages read instead of books read - reading a super long book will make your book numbers go down so maybe decide to count the total number of pages read instead.

Don't forget why you're doing it....to have FUN! Enjoy the day no matter how little or how much you can participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!