Pages

Monday, February 12, 2018

Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds {Thoughts On}



Title: Long Way Down
Author: Jason Reynolds
Pages: 320
Rating: 5 stars

A couple of my favorite booktubers mentioned Long Way Down so I put it on hold at the library. I went into this book knowing very little about it though. It's told in verse which is different from my usual reads. I can't begin to say how much I enjoyed this book. Hmmm, "enjoyed" is a hard word to use here because of the subject matter but it was so well written. I am astounded that a book told in verse can so completely flesh out characters. That it can so completely tell a story.

There isn't much that can be said about the plot without giving away much of the story. Without taking away from your reading of it. Go into it blind like I did. I can wholeheartedly recommend this one even to someone like me who thinks they don't enjoy novels set in verse. You'll like this one. Like I said, I can't say much without ruining it but I can say...

It was amazing. And powerful. Powerfully amazing.

I've read it twice. That's how much this one got to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!