Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Updates and Stuff

Closing survey:

1. What hour was the most daunting for you? 4am when I gave up because my eyes were blurring.
2. Tell us all the books you read. Only Godsgrave. Had a much bigger break than I thought I was going to have. Cohosted for a couple of hours and didn't read then either.
3. Which books would you recommend to other reathathoners? I wouldn't recommend reading a book that has made up words like Godgrave. Simple language would have made it go much faster :-)
4. What's a really rad thing we could do during the next readathon that would make you happy? I wouldn't change anything. I love the event so much!
5. How likely are you to participate in the readathon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep? Absolutely! And I always love helping!

Update #5:

It's almost 4am and my eyes are done for the night. I finished Godsgrave and I started Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore. Such a fun time. So happy to forget about things for awhile.

Update #4:

Getting tired but I am still up reading. Godsgrave is so good!

Update #3:

Took longer than I thought. We went to dinner and grocery shopping too. Delicious dinner and now I am back to reading.



Update #2:

Taking a bit of break to watch the FSU game at a friend's house.

Mini Challenge: Escaping the Angst


Mini challenge to list the books that helped us escape the angst of our teenage years. Absolutely must mention Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by She helped me through many an awkward year!



Update #1: 12:30pm est.

I don't even know what hour we are in. Have taken 2 small naps and am enjoying Godsgrave. Every readathon I am reminded of how slow I read. But as I always say on the main blog, any reading is good reading!



1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Tallahassee, Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? cheese and crackers
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! Single mom of two who enjoys reading (obvi!), football, and makeup
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I have been participating for quite a few years now, and each one turns out differently for me. Today's goal is to read as much as I want to for as long as I want to with no stress. My life has been so stressed lately that I am looking forward to the break from reality!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun and enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! Today is all about giving myself permission to enjoy myself with no pressure.

    Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!