Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors I Would Want to Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's theme is authors I would love to meet. I don't even have 10!

Leigh Bardugo. Without a doubt, Leigh is one of my all time favorite authors. I have loved all of her books and she is the sweetest! Every book is better than the last. Which is saying a lot since I couldn't believe that a first time author had the skills to write Shadow and Bone.

Katie McGarry. I don't read romance. It's one of the few genres that I can't take. McGarry writes YA romance. So why is she on here? Because her books are so much more that romance. So. Much. More. She always tackles a bigger issue that just two teenages falling in love. She tackles hard topics with realness and grace. That kind of romance book I can read. And oh my...she is the queen of swoon! The absolute queen.

Mira Grant. Author of the Newsflesh Trilogy which is bomb. Should have added that reread to my October schedule. Definitely one of my favorite trilogies ever. A zombie book that has heart. The characters are so well written that you feel as if they are real people. She has other books that I have read and love but the Newsflesh Trilogy is my favorite by far.

Jay Kristoff. I love the Illuminae Files that he cowrote with Amy Kauffman. They were perfection from start to finish and through every single book. I had the pleasure to read his Nevernight and y'all. He is simply a brilliant writer. He looks like a freaking rock star too. I can't wait to get my hands on Godsgrave. 

V.E./Victoria Schwab. Where even to begin? I just reread Vicious to refresh my memory for Vengeful (which I am reading now!) and I loved it every bit as much as I did before. There is something so amazing about her writing style. The way she crafts her characters. The way she paces the plot. I love that she writes about villians that might not actually be heroes. Heroes that might actually be villians. She makes you think about what makes them so. I love her writing but I love even more that she is open about her anxiety. I relate it that so much and it makes me feel better that if someone like her can be anxious, then maybe I am not so weird to feel anxious myself.

Adam Silvera. Sigh. I would want to meet him just to ask him one simple question. What did my heart ever do to you, Adam? He takes it from my chest and stomps on it with every book he writes. I can't even look at the cover of They Both Die at the End without tearing up. Stop slowing bleeding my heart, Adam. Ok? Let's have a book about two happy boys who fall in love and stay in love and STAY HAPPY. And alive. Is that really too much to ask? Going to the corner to reread They Both Die at the End and cry my eyes out again...





6 comments:

  1. I've been ordered to read Six of Crows by my sister - it sounds good I'm just struggling with the weird names. I've heard lots of good thing about Leigh Bardugo though, I really need to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha. Yes! I have started searching youtube for the name pronunciations now. I can't stand not knowing how to say something :-) Her writing is just so good!

      Delete
  2. I'd love to meet Leigh Bardugo and V.E. Schwab too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are definitely on the top of my list. I love everything I have read by them!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, right?!!! What did we ever do it him? :-)

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!