Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2018

September Books Read

I am rather surprised by the number of books I completed in September because we were so busy with school this month. I didn't realize that I had read so many! 9 books for a total of 2,800 pages.



The History Book Club pick for the month. Although it was a heartbreaking book to read, I loved the stories. I gave this one 4 out of 5 stars. Most of my fellow club members enjoyed it as well.



Goodness she was screwed up. Interesting story that brings together a wide variety of research. I gave this one 4 out of 5 stars.



This was the Fiction Book Club pick of the month. While I enjoyed the story itself...the characters grew on me....I didn't enjoy the writing style as much. If I had played a drinking game every time she told the reader that his hair was white, I would be....dead. Spoiler alert...his hair is white. I gave this one 3 out of 5 stars.



Y'all. I can't even with this book. I tried this one when it first came out and it didn't stick. I have no idea why because Kristoff can write! I do believe he's my new author crush. The book was a very strong 5 out 5 stars. I enjoyed the character arcs. The setting was unique and very well written. The ending left me wanting more without being annoyed that it ended. Can't wait to get to Godsgrave. So, so good!



Trying to get my skin care and makeup business off the ground and love learning tips and tricks for it. This book had some good information. This book has some cringe worthy information. It could have easily been a 25 page pamphlet instead of this little ebook. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars.



Another one that I am not sure why it has taken me so long to read. I tried this one a while back but had a huge stack of ones that were screaming my name (I always do though, right?!) and didn't read but a page or two. I wanted to read it before the movie came out. When the movie bombed, it got pushed back down the stack. Really glad I picked it up. Had been a very long while since I read a dystopian. Gave this one 4 out of 5 stars.



I continue to read her older, self published books and continue to find them meh. There are some great quotes but for the most part, they are just ok. All of them need a good editing. Gave this one 3 out of 5 stars.



Becoming Bonnie was last month's History Book Club pick and this month's Light Book Club pick. I wasn't able to finish it for the History one but I did for Light. I had a lot of problems with the story and with the way the author wrote it but it was ok. 3 out of 5 stars.



Ended September with a bang. Reread Vicious so that I would be fresh for Vengeful and loved it just as much this time. Schwab is the master of writing! 5 out of 5 stars again obvi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!