Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling



Title: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? 
Author: Mindy Kaling (Twitter)
Pages: Audio so 4 hours 37 minutes
Rating: 4 stars

I listened to this one during Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon. Had originally picked up a few audiobooks for when my eyes gave out on me but ended up starting this one really early. I listened to it while cheering on other blogs. 

I don't read a lot of biographies and memoirs since they generally leave me not liking the person they are about but this one definitely didn't have that effect. Kaling is funny and charming.

It's a fairly short book but it is packed with her memories and thoughts. I enjoyed her different stories about life in Hollywood but especially liked her more personal, every day stories. Her voice makes the audio so much better. Had there been another narrator, I don't think the stories would have been quite as good.

She's planning a follow up book and I look forward to it. Will be interesting to see how she has grown as a writer since then.

I'd recommend Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? to anyone who enjoys Hollywood or wants to read about someone in Hollywood who is not....blond. She talks quite a bit about being different and that's what makes her so awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!