Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Will Probably Never Read

                   
Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly event hosted at the Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is books that I will probably never read. When I first saw this one I thought that there were millions of books I'd never read so narrowing it down to the top ten would be quite hard. So I decided to take a look at my TBR shelf on Goodreads and start there. I'd got 594 listed as of now (craziness!) and ten I probably will never read and need to delete are:

Sever (The Chemical Garden #3) by Laren DeStefano - I enjoyed the first in this trilogy but the second one was underwhelming. I've read so many negative reviews of this third book that I don't even really want to try to read it.


The Typewriter Girl by Alison Atlee - I added this one at the suggestion of a great bookish friend but when I picked it up to read it, it just didn't grab me. Love the cover though!


Taken (Taken #1) by Erin Bowman - I was so excited when the synopsis of this one was released and couldn't wait to get my little paws on it. Then the reviews started coming in and lots of my favorite bloggers didn't enjoy it. So it got pushed further and further down the TBR until now I just don't think I'll try it.


The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - This one has been on my TBR so long that I don't even remember why I added it.


Moranthology by Caitlin Moran - I read another of her books and her sense of humor isn't my sense of humor. Don't think that I'd like this one either.


Dance of Shadows (Dance of Shadows #1) by Yelena Black - I'm not sure why I added this one either. A suggestion from another blogger no doubt. I used to love this cover and now it bugs me.


Red Rain by R.L. Stine - Pains me to put an RL Stine on this list since I loved him so much growing up but I tried this one and didn't like it. Reviews I've read have convinced me that I wasn't wrong so I'll probably never try it again. Shame.


Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare - Never got into this series and with so many others out there, I don't think I will.


Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Blake - I tried this one several times and never got past page 30ish. Several favorite bloggers love this one though.


Orleans by Sherri L. Smith - Goodness was I excited about this one. Dystopian without a bunch of romance. Again with the mixed reviews and lack of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!