Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - 10 Authors I Really Want to Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event at The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic is the top authors we'd like to meet. I have an aversion to meeting "celebrity" types because I'm afraid that they will be jerks and that will make me hate their team/tv show/books/etc. But if I had to choose which ones I'd take a chance on I'd pick...

(In no particular order)

Leigh Bardugo....I've fangirled over all of her Grisha trilogy books and she is the nicest on Twitter. She actually was near me in Florida but my car at the time wouldn't make the trip. Sad face. Plus she gave me the Darkling...future husband #2. I know he's kind of evil but...

John Green...to tell him that I almost couldn't finish The Fault in Our Stars because all the feels. I could break out in sobs right now just thinking about the line that shattered me.

Ransom Riggs - because anyone who can craft an outstanding story (or two!) from creepy vintage photographs has got to be all kinds of awesome.

Katie McGarry - She is the Queen of Swoon and the only romance books that I read, let alone actually purchase, are hers. Perhaps she could summon my own hot boy to swoon over.

Sarah Addison Allen - her books are so magical. I've loved every single one I've read.

Natalie Lloyd - her book A Snicker of Magic is one of the most heartwarming books I've ever read. To write something so sweet, you've got to be sweet.

Mira Grant - to beg her to make the Newsflesh trilogy a series of way more than just 3. I can't get enough. Never have hundreds of pages flown by so quickly.

Patrick Ness - his Chaos Walking trilogy is one of the most original series out there (although the dog scene - heartbreak) and A Monster Calls crushed me in the best possible way. That man can write!

Cynthia Rutledge - I read her long ago and loved her work. Back before all the social media today, you'd have to write a letter or an email to your favorite authors. Not only did she write back but she sent me my first ever autographed book. That kindness has never been forgotten.

Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games got me back reading when I was going through the darkest time in my life. It let me escape from my reality and for that I am very grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Suzanne Collins was on my list too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/top-ten-tuesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was on many of them, I am sure! It was hard to narrow it down to just 10 :-)

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!