Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday...on a Friday!



Top Ten Tuesday has moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's theme is our bookish resolutions/goals for the year. I've been batting around a few ideas this month but haven't put them down on paper yet. This theme is perfect for me to finalize my list!

1. Read 75 books before December 31, 2018. I read 74 last year but that included graphic novels so 75 is going to be a stretch for me. 

  • Read in 2013 - 85
  • Read in 2014 - 40
  • Read in 2015 - 59
  • Read in 2016 - 31
The highest number read was in 2013 when I was the most active on my blog and in the book community. I am hoping that being back on my blog will help me have better luck reading this year.

2. Read one classic per month. I would like to average one classic a month. Giving some leeway on this one...if I read 2 in a month, I can skip a month. I tend not to reach for classics but, generally speaking, I enjoy reading them when I do pick them up. Hoping that having this goal will put them more on my radar.

3. Read a mix of adult and young adult. I have gotten much better at not just reading YA. Not that there is anything wrong with reading just YA but I want to read more adult.

4. Read a mix of personally owned and library borrowed. I am terrible at reading my own books. I read library books because they have a due date. I don't want my own to look "used" or to get dirty. But then they sit on my shelves and gather dust instead. I challenged myself several years ago to alternate library books with owned books and did really well. 

5. Complete 5 series this year. I haven't nailed this one down yet. I need to check my Goodreads list to see what needs to be completed.

6. Buy more books. "What?!" you might ask? You need to challenge yourself to buy MORE books? Well sort of. I am terrible at buying new books because of the cost but I love them so much. Less guilt is my real goal.

7. Read some old favorites. There are quite a few authors that I used to read that I never pick up anymore. When I was the most active in the book community I was receiving ARCs and didn't read many by the same author. I would like to read some of the authors I loved before.

8. Reread. I want to reread all of Leigh Bardugo's books, The Hunger Games trilogy, The Night Circus, and The Shatter Me trilogy. I am sure there are others that can be added to this list!

9. Complete 3 challenges. I am terrible at challenges. I start them but don't follow through. This will be the year of follow through! 

10. Read at least half of the book club books. Am a member of 2 different book clubs. Since I have a hard time forcing myself to finish a book that I don't enjoy, I have a tendency not to read the book club selections. I would like to read at least half of the books this year even if I HATE them. :-)





2 comments:

  1. I always admire people who actually reread books. I'm one of those people who simply never do that because my unread books pretty much stare at me the whole way through, haha. For some reason it feels "wrong" to reread books while I have so many unread ones!

    Good luck on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't reread often for that very reason! I have so many books that I want to get to but there are a few that I do want to reread.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!