Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

#NonfictionNovember Wrapup Post



Although this readathon doesn't officially end until the 30th, I know that I will not be reading any nonfiction before then so I am completing my wrap up now.

I was pretty satisfied reading 3 nonfiction books this month.



The Secret by Rhonda Bryne. There is nothing new in this book but I still enjoyed refreshing myself on the concepts behind the law of attraction. Probably would have packed more of a punch if it was not quite as repetitive. A solid 3 out of 5. I liked it.


Never Caught: The Washingtons' Relentless Pursuit of their Runaway Slave, One Judge by Erica Armstrong Dunbar. This was the History Book Club selection for November. I liked the way she blended her thoughts into what Ona could have been thinking or feeling etc but since it was nonfiction, I wish there was just a bit more to the story. It is really hard to write a book such as this one since there is so very little written documentation. It just wasn't enough to write an entire book around we thought. I gave this one a solid 3 out 5. I liked it.

 Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes. I am a big fan of several of her shows so I was excited to read this one this month. I thought that it was interesting. I enjoyed her stories but didn't quite buy that she was so uncomfortable with all the attention she gained since she appeared to be such a diva. I thought that she had some really good takeaways...nothing new but a good reminder of things we should already know and practice. 3 out of 5. I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!