Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018

When Love is Enough...for Now

I posted this to my Facebook page last night. I feel like someone that reads my blog needs to hear this too. Perhaps you are going through something terrible and this will give you hope...even if it's just a glimmer of hope, it will be worth it for me to post and share. 

Love fiercely. And let people love you.

........
I reached out to my prayer warriors today for prayer because I just flat out need a miracle or three or ten. I won't call her out by name in case she doesn't want me to but one of my warriors said that of course she would pray extra for us and then a few minutes later she sent me this. I needed to hear from God and today He spoke through her...
Hebrews 11:8 NIV
By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.
I responded with tears in my eyes because I said I needed to hear from Jesus and I did. I know that He has us. I see a light at the end of the tunnel but am unsure if it's the sun or the lights of a freight train. But seeing that verse, I know that we are going to be fine. Actually, I always knew that we were going to be fine but now I FEEL like we are. I don't know how that is going to happen...hence the needed miracle...but I know it.
To every single person who has showed us the slightest bit of kindness, you have NO IDEA what it means to me. Checking in on us, asking if we are ok, trying to make me laugh, bringing meals, offering a place to stay, taking us in (Jennifer, Cathy, Nikki and Chris!), helping me run errands (Amanda!), sending cards and cash, setting up a gofundme page (Amber!) sharing the gofundme page, or giving to the gofundme page, every single thing means the absolute world. Life as gotten back to normal for most of you but for us, we are still without a house, separated from our dog, bouncing to different places, living out of Walmart bags.
I haven't been able to process what all Cole lost in his room. I have been trying to reconcile the facts that Christmas will be slim this year because there is a freaking tree in our house with Christmas will BE this year because we aren't underneath said tree. How amazing that the tree turned the other way. Why hit the house at all but it turned the other way! It didn't land in the very spot that all three of us were sitting.
I have said it so many times that in the midst of this mess, I have learned who my true friends are. I have learned just how much we are loved. And with tears in my eyes, I say the biggest thank you that I could possibly say. Friends have been posting a daily thank you for November. Well this one is mine for the entire month. If you have showed us the slightest, tiniest kindness THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.
And if you read this far, you are a super star and deserve a cookie. I didn't intend to write a War and Peace sized post but I certainly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!