Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Playing the Comparison Game

Recently I have been talking to friends in the book community about blogs. It seems on the one hand that they are all but dead. On the other hand, there are still ones that I follow that have a ton of interaction.

When I restarted my blog, I did so with no expectations. I post when I have something to say. I do not check stats. I do not notice my views. I am no longer upset when a post gets no interaction because I write and post for me. It's fun. And I will do it as long as it is fun. When it stops being fun, I will stop posting again.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if anyone else gets it...just that you do. I write and post because I want to. Not to impress anyone and get anything but just because I enjoy it.

Do I sometimes wish that I had a ton of followers who commented on my posts? Of course. But being in this bookish community is what it's all about. Just being a part of something bigger than me. Something that I enjoy so much. The bookish community is amazing and I am glad that I am a tiny part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!