Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Tome Topple Round 7 Announcement



Tome Topple's rules are simple. Read books with more than 500 pages. There are challenges but they are optional. I have several books on my TBR that I have been wanting to get to that are over 500 pages so this is the perfect time to read them. 


I hope that I can find a nonfiction book to read as well so that I can double up and have it count towards #nonfictionNovember. Posted to my Twitter asking for ideas and received such good suggestions.


Optional Challenges to Help You Pick Your Tomes:

1. Read more than one tome.
2. Read a graphic novel (still over 500 pages!)
3. Read a tome that is part of a series.
4. Buddy read a tome (check the Goodreads group to find a buddy).
5. Read an adult tome (not YA or middle grade).

My current list of possibilities:

Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Monsters of Men (Walking Chaos Book #3) by Patrick Ness
The Tudors: The Complete Story of England's Most Notorious Dynasty by G.J. Meyer
The Whispering Room: A Jane Hawk novel by Dean Koontz
The Alice Network by Kate Quinn

My Goals:

I would like to finish 3 tomes.
I would like to do 3 challenges.
I would like to read one nonfiction.

Hosts:

Sam: Twitter and Youtube

Caz: Twitter and Youtube
Sarah-Jane: Twitter and Youtube
Adriana: Twitter and Youtube 
Siân: Twitter and Youtube
Sam: Will Read for Booze and Twitter

Let me know. Are you participating? Leave me your link so that I can see your TBR and cheer you on!


2 comments:

  1. good luck with your challenge! fortunately, lots of nonfiction books are over 500 pages, lol! here is the last over 500 page novel I read, and loved: https://wordsandpeace.com/2018/10/23/book-review-killing-commendatore/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep going back and forth on what to read. Hopefully by Friday will have my first book picked out at least. I have several to choose from.

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!