So ends this awesome week of Armchair BEA. This was my first year and I enjoyed it so much. My favorite part was the interaction with new bookish people on Twitter and here on my blog. Thanks to everyone who visited, read my posts and especially to those who took the time to comment. You guys are the best.
Next year it would be great to be at BEA but if I'm not there, I will for sure be here participating as a cheerleader for Armchair BEA again. I got to visit so many new blogs and the awesome people out there is mind blowing.
- Tuesday was our introduction post and we discussed classics.
- Wednesday we talked about blogger development and our favorite genres.
- Thursday was literary fiction discussions. We also had a giveaway day and many participating blogs hosted awesome bookish prizes. You can still win the book of your choice from TBD from me by entering here.
- Friday we talked about ethics and non-fiction.
- Saturday was all about children's fiction...everything from picture books to young adult was discussed.
And I won a copy of The Wonder Bread Summer by Jessica Anya Blau for my cheerleading. It's supposed to be a retelling(ish) of Alice in Wonderland. Oh, yes, please! I love the stripes on that cover. Pretty sure I have a stack of scrapbooking paper that looks just like it!
Things I'd change/pet peeves:
- For the love of all things bookish, turn off captcha if you want comments during an event like this.
- It would be great to turn off moderation too, maybe. Nothing like coming up with something to say and not being able to see it.
- Authors, promoting your work is fine but make sure it is on topic with what is being discussed.
- Don't post on the giveaway linky if you don't actually HAVE a giveaway.
I hope that everyone who participated had as much fun with it as I did. A special thanks, again, for all the people who left comments and entered the contest.