Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Stickability by Greg S. Reid



Title: Think and Grow Rich: Stickability 
Author: Greg S. Reid (website)(Twitter)
Pages: 190 ARC
Expected Publication Date: October 10, 2013
Publisher: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin 
Source: Publisher for Review
Rating: I really liked it

Stickability is a short book that is crammed full of information. While reading this, I found myself wishing that I had the ability to write in a book. I just can't make myself deface one but if I could, this would be full of highlighting and underlining. I marked at least 15 pages to refer to later. That's huge for me since I rarely take the time to make notes while reading.

I ended up reading this in one day because the stories told throughout and the tips contained were so interesting. As the book went along, I was less interested in the later stories because the "big names" were up front but overall I really enjoyed it.

In Stickability, author Reid takes the principles of Napoleon Hill's classic Think and Grow Rich and makes them stickable. Some of my favorite "tips" are to surround yourself with an outstanding team, to focus on the outcome instead of the struggle, to make a decision and stick with it and to leave negativity (both people and things) behind. Those are just a few of the gems contained though.

It's one that can be read again and you'll get something new each time. It's well written with a great progression. My only complaint is as mentioned before...the stories towards the end just were not as interesting to me. One told the story of a man and woman who weren't allowed to marry so they married at the top of Mount Everest because both of their religions believed it to be God. But when the story is fully told I wondered why they went to all that trouble. This is a small complaint in the grand scheme of things. I really did enjoy this book and I love that there was such actionable ideas.

Overall I think that this is a well written, highly motivating book. I'd recommend it to any Napoleon Hill and success lovers. Interesting and a fast read.



2 comments:

  1. OH, I received this book a couple of days ago and I am very excited to get started! Thanks!

    Katelynn Clark
    literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. I love non-fiction and that kind is one of my favorites. Love learning new things ;-)

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!