Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Adding to the Stacks #3

Thankfully last week was a slow book week for me. I say "thankfully" because I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the great books I've received in the past couple of months. Will be glad to have a chance to catch up without getting any new ones.

For Review:




Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan - reading this one now. I've enjoyed every McMillan that I've read so I'm might have squealed a bit when I opened up this one.

Purchased:


 



Pretties (Uglies #2) by Scott Westerfeld
Harm's Way (Alan Gregory #4) by Stephen White
Unfit to Practice (Nina Reilly #8) by Perri O'Shaughnessy
Fade Away (Myron Bolitar #3) by Harlan Coben

Do I have the others in these series? Umm, no. You see, there is this little thrift store in my city that sometimes has books and I threw these in the bag. They were practically free. I couldn't NOT take them. Will they end up at a yard sale or back to a thrift store? Umm, yeah, probably. I can't read books out of order. Will look for more of these the next time we go. 

What did you get recently?







4 comments:

  1. Haha, I know the feeling. I have many random parts of series, just because I couldn't leave them in the store. How can you pass up a good bargain?

    Happy reading! :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were practically free is all I'm saying. LOL. Glad that I'm not the only one to have random books in a series. I just couldn't leave the poor things there ;-)

      Delete
  2. I have the Coben and O'Shaughnessy books on my shelf. I hate reading a series out of order too, but I've read #1 and #2 in the Myron Bolitar series, and I was just thinking the other day how I should pick that up soon ... Maybe I will :)

    PS- I'm totally overwhelmed by review books right now too ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find more and more people who won't read out of order. I just can't do it unless I am not planning to read more than one of them. I've read other Coben books but never any of the Bolitar series so that's why I wanted that one for sure.

      Yes, review books are both a good and bad thing!

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!