Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Follow Me by David Platt {review}



Title: Follow Me
Author: David Platt (website)(Twitter)
Publisher: Tyndale House (website)(Twitter)
Pages: 244 
Source: Publisher for review
Rating: amazing and thought provoking

This review will be hard to write because I am still trying to process everything I read. There is so much in there that I know I need to reread it to catch it all.  My church read Pastor David's book Radical together so I knew that Follow Me was going to be though provoking.

During the ministry of Jesus, He ask the disciples to follow Him. That they were fishermen and He would make them fishers of men. The Gospel can be summed up in that phrase "follow Me" but many supposed believers don't. Pastor David does an excellent job in narrowing down the points of being a true Christ follower and backs his ideas up with specific Bible verses.

I wish the chapters had been a bit shorter. I have this weird quirk about finishing a chapter before I put the book aside so I had to know that I had 15 or 20 minutes to read before I could pick Follow Me up again. I think that slowed down my reading somewhat but the biggest reason it took me so long to read was because it had so much to think about. 

I wish that every Christian would read this book. It will make you question everything you think you know and at the end you'll be able to say why you believe what you believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!