Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo


Title: Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3)
Author: Leigh Bardugo (websiteTwitter)
Pages: Kindle version, 432
Rating: 5 enthusiastic stars!

Shadow and Bone (Grisha #1) - my review
Siege and Storm (Grisha #2) - my review

***************************************************

If you've ever read my fangirling about Leigh Bardugo before, you know what a huge fan of this trilogy I am. So why did it take me so long to read the 3rd one? I. Didn't. Want. It. To. End. 

Seriously.

I wanted to read it the minute it came out and yet didn't want to read it at all. This past weekend was Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon and I had this one in the pile to be read. When I saw a tweet that the Kindle was on sale, I grabbed it. Forget the fact that I had just downloaded 10 ebooks from the library to go with the approximately 700 already in my Cloud - (I went a bit crazy with all the free ebooks there for a while - really need to do some cleaning out of the Kindle). Anyway, I bought it and immediately started reading it.

I wasn't as big a fan of Siege and Storm as I was of Shadow and Bone but Ruin and Rising was right back to the top. I loved it. I'd read a few reviews that sort of slammed how it was all wrapped up but I actually enjoyed it. I think she did a good job of bringing all the characters full circle.

Bardugo's world building is top notch. Feeling as if you are with the characters, that you can see what they see, brings story telling to a whole other level and she pulls this off like a boss. The story opens with them being in an underground world. I am claustrophobic and let me tell ya, those scenes were creepy for me. I so wanted them to leave that place.

 There was non stop action and plenty of swoon - as evil as the Darkling is, he is still hot. The character development within this trilogy is amazing. I love that they grew so much. The plot was well paced and the ending was well done.

I can't fangirl enough over this trilogy. If you haven't read it yet, do yourself a favor and run to the nearest bookstore to get your own copies. As sad as I am to leave their world, I own all three and know that I'll be doing a re-read very soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!