Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Recommend the Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme at The Broke and the Bookish


This week's theme: Books I Recommend the Most.

These are the only books that I have really ever gushed about. Technically I have a Top Ten list since there are 7 Harry Potter books. Excited to see everyone else's list.

Any of the Harry Potter books. I loved them. I even have re-read them.  I don't normally re-read. 

The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LaBan (my review). This book was incredible and I always gush about it when given the chance. "This book sucked me in" is so overused on book blogs but oh my golly, this book sucked me in. I would literally blink and wonder where the heck I actually was because I thought I was listening to Tim tell his story.

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. (my review) Whenever someone else does a review, I fangirl all over this one again! Incredible story, excellent world building, great characters and my #1 book boyfriend...the Darkling. Swoon.

Being Henry David by Cal Armistead. (my review) Another one that I rave about. Such an interesting story with a male (!) POV and amnesia   Plus, I loved all the references to Henry David Thoreau.  And I won an autographed copy of this. Made my little book lovin' heart go all pitter patter.

What do you rave about? Participating in this week's Top Ten? Leave me a link so I can see your list!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me too. This was a great topic this week!

      Delete
  2. I'm not familiar with Being Henry David or The Tragedy Paper but I'll definitely check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do. They were both fantastic. I know already that they will be in the top 5 of the whole year. If you read them, let me know what you think.

      Delete
  3. I need to read Shadow and Bone! I keep hearing such amazing things about it!

    My TTT

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Go do it now. It was so wonderful! Love your blog name by the way!

      Delete
  4. HP! Definitely! I also need to read Shadow and Bone. I've heard so many things about it!

    My TTT


    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People hate on Harry but those books take you away, don't they? Shadow and Bone will be in my favorite books of the year for sure. It was so awesome! And Leigh is the sweetest!

      Delete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!