Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Book Blogger Love a Thon Interview Swap





I was fortunate enough to be able to interview the fun and sweet Lauren from Hughes Reviews. You can follow her on twitter by following @wordyhughes. Here are the interview questions and Lauren's fabulous answers:

1. What is your favorite part of being a blogger?
I love that I've found people who get as excited over books as I do!  I love getting recommendations from people who have my same tastes in books.  There are so many books I probably would not have discovered on my own, but heard about through the blogosphere.  I can't imagine my reading life without other bloggers now... it would be so empty.

2. Would you say that you devour books or savor them? (sip or gulp so to speak?)
I'm a big fan of fast-paced books, so that would probably make me someone who devours and gulps books.  I love when I get so lost in a book that I forget about the real world.  And usually if I'm lost in a book, it means my eyes are flying across the page and hungry for what will happen next.

3. How many books do you read at the same time?
When I was younger, I'd read more than one book at a time, but in the last five years or so, I've become a one-book-at-a-time kind of girl.  I find it keeps me from comparing books or favoring one over the other.

4. What are a few of your favorite book blogs?
The Fake Steph: I've read several books on her recommendation and really enjoyed all of them.  I also love her "Looks from Books" feature.
The Recovering Potter Addict: I fell for Aylee's blog based on its name because I'm also someone who felt a little lost after Harry Potter was over...  She has great taste in books and I've come to trust her reviews!
Small Review: Her Blogging Tips and Tricks were the most helpful thing ever when I was trying to get my blog going.  And she always seems to find great books that no one else has heard of.  And I love that she does a fairly equal amount of middle grade and YA because YA often seems to get all the love in the blogging world.
A Backwards Story: I love how Bonnie always talks about cover design in her reviews.  She often makes me appreciate aspects of the cover design that I never would have noticed on my own.  And a bonus is she's a fellow writer like myself!
Shooting Stars Mag: I love her blend of books, movies, TV shows, and even your occasional live theater musical!  I never know what I'm going to find each week when I stop by her blog, and I love it.

5. What is the biggest tip you would give to a book blogger that is starting out?
Be meaningful and genuine in both your posts and your comments.  You know the saying "Treat others the way you want to be treated" works in blogging too.  Write the kinds of posts that you would want to read.  And write the kinds of comments that you would want on your own blog posts.

3 comments:

  1. YES! When I started blogging I made a promise to myself that I would always treat others like I want them to treat me. (It's actually the first of my golden rules in my book blogging notebook haha.) I think that's so important, since this is something we all love to do. I wouldn't love it half as much if I had to fake everything haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you got to interview Lauren? I love her, she's awesome! And I'm with her on the one-book thing. Right now my Goodreads "says" I'm reading two, but really I haven't picked up one book in weeks! And great blogging tips, Lauren! Great interview, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. The giveaways at Armchair BEA led me to your page and now to the Blogger Love a thon! Thanks so much and kudos on the lovely design for your blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!