Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Love-a-Thon Mini Challenge #4 - Letter to My Blogging Self







Time for Love-a-Thon Mini Challenge #4 which is a letter to my blogging self. Although I have been blogging since 2007, THIS is a new book blog so I will be writing a letter to my future self. Talking about the stuff I like so far and what I hope to accomplish in the future. 

Dear Future Dana,

First your blog is awesome. You are doing this because it is fun and because blogging keeps you from having all of your friends eyes glaze over when you gush and fangirl over your latest read. I think that you are going to have quite a few loyal readers but don't worry about that. Don't worry about the numbers. As soon as it stops being fun then take a step back.

Your favorite thing about blogging right now is meeting all these fantastic new friends in the book blogospere. And there are some really great people out there!

Keep it simple and don't forget your voice. 

Dana

13 comments:

  1. Great advice, it is all about having fun and having a place to love books! No need to make it any more complicated than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, your future letter turned out AWESOME! Not worrying is definitely the biggest and best piece of advice I could give for anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha once I started a blog I gave up trying to convince all of my close friends to read with me :) And unique voice, yes so important!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great letter! I definitely feel like I can relate. I feel weird about numbers- subscribers and/or twitter followers. I think you are right... it's so important to remember that numbers mean nothing if you aren't having fun!! It's all about enjoying books and having a group of people to share it with!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Part of the reason I started blogging is because of glazed eyes too. Awesome letter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Short yet so helpful! Sometimes I begin to obsess over statistics but not as much as when I first started blogging. I couldn't agree less about the lovely book blogging friends out here. I am so glad we can have events like this love-a-Thon. Congrats on being a vet blogger!

    Christine @ Oh, Chrys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great advice :) I totally agree about blogging so your friends eyes don't glaze over quite as much lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Short but so powerful! I love your post and your blog :) I'm loving finding all you great new bloggers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice. I can totally relate to the worrying and the fact that I need to stop doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed when you said you friends eyes glaze over when you gush about books! I do that to my friends all the time. They definitely don't want to discuss the latest YA book in the lunch room or at happy hour. They don't know what they're missing...

    And I understand when blogging becomes stressful. It always helps to take a step back and remind yourself that you're doing this because you love books and that it should be a fun hobby not work.

    I'm looking forward to following your blog now!
    Lauren @ Hughes Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great letter! And I love that last line about not forgetting your voice! Good luck with this new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful letter and some great gems of advice in there! I think the "friends are not as interested in books as you are" scenario happens to everyone - I know especially with me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a lovely letter! And so true. Stick to your voice, find people who actually LISTEN when you gush about books and always, always have fun!

    Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!