Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Love-a-Thon Mini Challenge #5 - Top Blogging Moments







It's time for Mini Challenge #5 where we discuss our top blogging moments. 

I've been blogging since 2007. After a rough patch in my life I stopped blogging. I just wasn't up to it and I didn't have anything positive to blog. A few months ago, I started it back up and then decided to put all things bookish on a new blog so Little Lovely Books was born.

I haven't had many moments on this blog yet but my favorite things so far are:

1) Just getting back into the game. I took so much time off that I didn't think I'd ever get back to it but I did. And I'm proud of myself for it. I loved blogging and talking about books and interacting with my readers. And even though I am starting over again, it's still been fun.

2) This Book Blogger Love-a-Thon. I love, love, love Alexa's blog so when she first mentioned the Love-a-Thon I was all "sign me up now!" It has been such a fun day!

3) Finding such incredible new to me books. Wow, the number of new books released is mind blowing but having a few favorite book bloggers helps me narrow them down. I've found people that I know will write reviews that makes me almost know for sure if I am going to enjoy a book or not!

4) Finding such incredible new to me blogs. Oh the list goes on and on. There are such amazing book blogs out there!

5) When Leigh Bardugo commented back to me on Twitter. Then when I went completely gushing fangirl after reading Shadow and Bone (review here) and tweeted the link, she read it and responded. Squeal. Fan.for.life.

5 comments:

  1. You most certainly should be proud of yourself for starting blogging again! It can be so tough to get back into but you did it! Also, this Love-A-Thon made my list too, it exceeded all expectations I had for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree with # 2, it has been such a fun day and so nice to meet new people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great that you came back to blogging! I hope I never stop blogging, but I do know that things happen and I hope if I ever do stop blogging I have the same idea as you to get back into the game! And isn't it fantastic when authors retweet and respond to your tweets! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went on a blogging hiatus for a few months last year and thought it was a little difficult to get back in, so kudos to you! I also have to concur that one of the best things about blogging is finding new incrediable blogs. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for getting back into blogging! It's not always easy to get back into something that you've put aside but I'm glad that it's worked out well for you!

    And the Love-A-Thon is a great blogging memory! :D

    New books and blogs are also all great reasons. It's one of the reasons why I love blogging so much. I stopped reading because of uni but now I'm reading SO MUCH and it makes me feel so good again.

    Ahhh, authors tweeting me back is one the most amazing feelings in the world! Glad that you had such a great experience of that!

    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!