Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Adding to the Stacks #6 Haul of Epicness Part1

This past weekend I went on a buying trip for my businesses and in the middle of it was able to pick up quite a few books for almost nothing. The haul was so epic that I'm doing half this week and half next week!

Not going to put up covers like usual because of the sheer number of books but I'll stick link the titles to Goodreads in case you're interested in adding any of them to your TBR.

Looking to set up some co-reads so if any of them are already on your radar, let's read them together.

On to the epicness....



Voltaire by Candide - read this one in college when a friend had it on her syllabus. I seemed to be the only one that had not read it and she loaned me her copy. I loved it so when I saw a copy of it, I picked it up on a whim.

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell - always love books that can improve me. Have never read this one but like the idea of it.

All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque - another one I read in college that I'd like to revisit.

The One Where the Kid Nearly Jumps to His Death and Lands in California by Mary Hershey - Not going to lie...I picked this one up on title alone. No early idea what it is about but the title totally rocks.

The Mirrored World by Debra Dean - one of many ARCs that are in the stack, this one count my attention because it is by the author of The Madonnas of Leningrad. That book was one of the first ARCs I ever received way back in 2007 on my old blog. The cover on this one is beautiful.

You Can if You Think You Can by Norman Vincent Peale - classic self help.

The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin - another ARC. This one was chosen because of the cover. Didn't read the back, so I hope it's good ;-)

The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani - oh the cover! But I  got this one because I've actually read this author before...image that! Italy, ya'll, it's about Italy. 

Sepulchre by Kate Mosse - This one is set in Paris in the 1891's and America in 2007. I picked it up because of the size. Because when you've got bookshelves filled with unread books AND you're carrying stacks of books to your car, you NEED a 565 page book. Am I right? Yeah, I'm right. The even worse thing about this one is that when I got home I discovered it was the 2nd in a series. That totally sucks.

Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels - Jillian's my hero and apparently you have to actually exercise to look like her...who knew?!

Scarlet Feather by Maeve Binchy - I may or may not have totally gone off on a Maeve Binchy book back in college. Not even sure now why I was so ranty about it. Over the years, I've found myself enjoying her novels more and was saddened when she passed away. When I saw this one, I picked it up just to have. Another chunkster at 501 pages, I think I read this one before.

The Astor Orphan by Alexandra Aldrich - another ARC. I picked this one up because it is a memoir. Trying to give more of them a try. The blue cover was gorgeous so...

The Lost Prince by Selden Edwards - another ARC. I liked the cover which makes it look like it is about the 1920s. Apparently it is before that. Yet another chunky one.

Monumental Propaganda by Vladimir Voinovich, translated by Andrew Bromfield -  the cover caught my eye as did "translated by" but what made me put in the stack was "great satirists of contemporary Russian literature" on the back. I'll probably try this one first out of them all.

So that's the first stack from the Haul of Epicness. Any you've read? Want to read? Loved? Hated? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!