Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Real Men Don't Text by Ruthie & Michael Dean {thoughts on}



Title: Real Men Don't Text (A New Approach to Dating)
Authors: Ruthie and Michael Dean
Pages: 240
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
Publication Date: September 3, 2013
Source: Publisher for review
Rating: 4 out of 5

The title of this one caught my eye since one of my best guy friends recently started texting. He's a real man's man so I was going to send him a picture of the cover. When I realized it was a dating guide, I was even more intrigued.

I enjoyed how the authors (who are married) alternated between chapters. He has a tip in one chapter and she followed up in the next. It was a great way to get a male and female perspective on things. Men and women look at things so differently and his take on things was my favorite.

Another thing I really appreciated was the author's real life experience. She talks about wanting to kiss cute guys at 1 am instead of acting as if women have no sexual thoughts ever. She was real with real struggles and triumphs. The one negative I'd have to say is that if I read one more time about how attractive she was, I thought I'd stab myself with a fork. We get it, you are pretty and men like you. Moving on.

Although this was a Christian guide, I found it interesting that God was presented in such a casual way. There was a definitive right and wrong within but no judgement for doing it your way. I liked that quite a bit because other guides I've read have been so judgmental.

Overall I really enjoyed the no nonsense, different approach to dating presented within. Real men don't text at the last minute to make a date (or more likely, a hook up). They go after what they want. They'll call if they are interested. They will want to see you if they are interested. Nothing new but a great reminder of truths. 

A quick, interesting read. I'd recommend this one to any woman who is single.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!