Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Adding to the Stacks #7 - Haul of Epicness Part 2

The rest of my haul of epicness! Part one is here.

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God by Louise Rennison - Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging was too funny so I can't wait to read the next in the series.

H.G. Wells Science Fiction Treasury - gorgeous leather like cover and gold trimmed pages on this one. Has 6 complete novels inside. Will be fun to read over a long period of time.

I Never Metaphor I Didn't Like By Dr. Mardy Grother - I love metaphors, similes and the like so this one just looked like lots of fun.

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez - I tend to shy away from Oprah's book club picks but have read him before and enjoyed it.

Seduce Me by Robyn DeHart - I read an egalley of her  A Little Bit Scandalous so when I saw a print copy of one of her books, I grabbed it.

The Church of Dead Girls by Stephen Dobyns - the title of this one caught my eye. Sounds really terrifying.

If You Dare by Kresley Cole - Kresley is one of the best names on the planet. Haven't ever read one of her books and don't read much romance but thought I'd give it a shot since it was so cheap. Once I looked it up at home I found it was the first of a series. Love that.

Spy High Mission One and Spy High Mission Two Chaos Rising by A.J. Butcher - because it is the first two in a series and heavens knows I need more series books to read.

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood - usually enjoy her books. This one is a trade paperback size which makes it even better!

The Life and Times of a Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson - seems that I picked up quite a few memoirs. I've never read a Bryson but have heard that he's really good.

Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh - Hardback from the 1950's that had a long letter written to the original recipient. Kinda sad that it wasn't held onto. Awesome book that I've read more than once.

My Antonia by Willa Cather - am I the only person with an English degree that has never read this one? Tsk tsk to me.

The Invisible Touch by Harry Beckwith - a book about marketing. Reviews of this one are all over the place unfortunately.

Cinders and Sapphires by Leila Rasheed - I read this one before so I'm not even sure why I got it. Another ARC. 

Sever (Chemical Garden Trilogy #3) by Lauren DeStefano - not going to lie, have read some really bad reviews of this one but I liked the first one and felt ok about the second one so I want to see how it wraps up. Yet another ARC.

The Maze Runner by James Dasher - I've tried many times to read this one but haven't gotten past the first 50 or so pages. I think that I would like it if I gave it a real try.

The 2-Second Commute - Christine Durst and Michael Haaren - about being a virtual assistant. I've looked into this a couple of times before so I think it should be interesting. 

and the one that I was most excited to get a copy of...

Heist Society (Heist Society #1) by Ally Carter - have read multiple great reviews of this series. Will get to this one soon!

And there you have it. All of my books from the Haul of Epicness. Isn't it super cute that I think I'll get to read all of these?








3 comments:

  1. The title made me laugh. It is a fantastic haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I amuse myself with my titles :-) It's the little things.

      Delete
  2. I should be stopped! LOL. I already have so many I haven't read but I just can't help it. They were so cheap!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!