Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Thoughts

Image


Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Pages: 390
Genre: YA dystopian
Series: Lunar Chronicles #1
Source: library loan
Rating: I loved it

The Cinderella story told as a young adult dystopian where she is a cyborg? Yes, please. It seems that every blogger and her brother is reviewing this one and rightfully so. It had action. It had humor. It had a hot prince. It had a totally unique spin on the story we all know and love, but I gush...I did have just a teensy problem with it though. I figured it out way before I wanted to.

And that is the only thing I didn't like about the book. Otherwise, I enjoyed it immensely and cannot wait for the next in the series to be released. I enjoyed the characters, even the evil Lunar Queen. I enjoyed the setting and lost myself in that world. I stayed up late into the night just to finish and was a bit sad to read that last page.

Unique and awesome. Well written with great and witty dialogue. A world that is different than our own but totally believable. Great, well developed characters and did I mention the hot prince?

And oh the cover! They say not to judge a book by its cover but oh.my.word. it is beautiful. I love this cover....the cover alone makes me want to pick up this book.

Loved this one. Marissa Meyer = amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!