Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - The One That is Late

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Go here for all the fun.

Image

This week's theme is Top Ten Reading Goals for 2013. I touched on this here.

1. Read more classics. I see this one on a lot of blogs but it's true...I need to read more classics.

2. Only read and/or blog when I want to. Don't want either to turn into a MUST do. No fun in that.

3. Reduce my personal book stash by half. Oh yeah, I hoard books. I have so many that I know I will never read. I plan to pass them on...without guilt.

4. Stop downloading books until some are read. I've actually been doing this a bit already. I have a couple hundred books on my Kindle app and I've not read many. There are sooooooooo many free books to download. It won't hurt me if I miss some of them for a while.

5. Make and keep a reading log for the boys. I read a bunch to both of my boys and it is also part of Cole's daily homework. I'd love to make a neat notebook to record all the books that Cole reads and that I read to them. And even better...have Cole write down the titles so I can see his writing as he ages.

6. Reread some of my favorites. A few come to mind instantly...the Harry Potter series, The Twilight books, The Hunger Games books, Slammerkin. I don't reread much because there are so many new books I want to read that I'll never have time to read. But having said that I'd love to reread a few of the books that I love so much.

7. Read books of some authors I love. I read so many books by first time authors that I've gotten away from reading the older books of authors that I already love.

8. Read different genres. I've gotten where I can barely tolerate romance. I don't like biographies of people who are alive (because I usually end up not liking them). I never read fantasy. I would like to read more books that are out of my comfort zone.

9. Only read and comment on blogs that I love consistently. One thing about weekly memes is the sheer number of new blogs you can find. And I want to read them all. The problem with doing that is that I don't read books because I'm reading blogs. I want to narrow it down to ones that I love consistently.

10. Have fun. This one is the biggest. Just have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!