Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Crash by Lisa McMann - Thoughts

ImageTitle: Crash
Author: Lisa McMann
Pages: 233
Genre: YA
Series or Standalone: #1 of series
Rating: I really liked it

I'll use a quote from the first page as a summary:" Every few days I see it. Sometimes it's just a picture, like on that billboard we pass on the way to school. And other times it's moving, like on a screen. A careening truck hits a building and explodes. Then nine body bags in the snow.

It's like a movie trailer with no sound, no credits. And nobody sees it but me"

This was a fun, action packed, and quick read. Read it in a day and really enjoyed it. Jules was a likeable character and I really liked Sawyer. Trey was One of my favorite things was the lists that Jules made. "Top 5 reasons why..." Fun!

I have only read one other book by Lisa McMann and I enjoyed this one much more. It was original and inventive and the plot moved along with great dialogue.

One thing that I didn't like was the cussing. I thought it was unnecessary in a book that was geared towards teens.

A twist at the end makes me wonder what's next for this series and I look forward to finding out!

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my book nerd heart so very happy. Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to interact with me. I love to talk books with other bookish people!