My update post for the April 2013 Dewey's Read-a-Thon
Fang Girl by Helen Keeble (352 pages)
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (394 pages)
Splintered by A.G. Howard (read to page 203 out of 371)
Hour 1 - Introduction Post
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Cloudy Florida
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Fang Girl by Helen Keeble
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Peanuts from Logan's Steakhouse
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am only able to participate this time because my boys are at their dad's this weekend.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? Just want to have as much fun as possible without stressing about the challenges and cheerleading too much. Take lots of breaks and nap if I need to!
Hour 2 - Book Spine Poetry
Sever the Divergent Fang Girl
Hour 3 - Book
This challenge is to pair up a book you are either reading or have in your stack with the menu you would serve:I have Two Way Street by Larua Barnholdt in my stack to read
It's about a road trip with the girl's ex...so I'd serve up some classic road trip food and nothing says road trip food like fast food. Sliders, fries and cold Cherry Cokes!
What about you? What are you reading? What food would you eat?
And my new drink would have to be the "Get Even" ;-)
Hour 4 - Retitle Your Current Read
My Life Next Door - Cute Boy Gets Equally Cute Girl
Hour 5 Mini Challenge - Self Portrait
Hour 6 - Book Puzzle
did not participate. My puzzler is puzzled.
Hour 7 - Best and Worst Covers
Definitely like the English better. And I think that Jase is my newest book boyfriend.
HOUR 8 - Book Sentence Challenge
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares Splintered The Typewriter Girl.
HOUR 12 - Mid-Event Survey
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I'm going pretty good but am getting tired and my eyes definetly are.
2) What have you finished reading? I've finished Fang Girl and My Life Next Door
3) What is your favorite read so far? Fang Girl was so cute!
4) What about your favorite snacks? Poptarts!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the read-a-thon? If so, give them some love! Sadly no, I haven't. I've been reading because my laptop is being s l o o o w.
HOUR 14 - Quote Time
The Hour 14 mini challenge is to provide a quote from the book we are currently reading or have read. I'm currently reading Splintered by A.G. Howard and am really enjoying it. It has grabbed me from the first page.."I've been collecting bugs since I was ten; it's the only way to stop their whispers. Sticking a pin through the gut of an insect shuts it up pretty quick"
Oh yeah, this one is really interesting!
HOUR 16 - Mini Challenge
This hour the mini challenge is to turn to page 32 in the book we are currently reading and find the most entertaining phrase to complete this sentence..."I would rather read than ____________ any day"
I'm reading Splintered by A.G. Howard and my answer is I would rather read than sprout up like a giant mushroom any day.
HOUR 17, almost 18
Wow, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It is almost 1 am here and my contacts are killing me. Not sure how much longer I will last but I am enjoying Splintered. The dark and crazy theme is really working for my present, loopy condition! ;-)
It's after 2 here and though I got a small second wind, my eyes are so tired. I've taken out my contacts for a few minutes to let my eyes rest. Have visited several blogs and left comments. On page 203 of Splintered. Am still enjoying it but wish I could just finish it already.
Can't believe how quickly the time has gone. We are 5 minutes short of the 20 hour mark. I've done better than I thought but the coming of a migraine and my laptop continuing to freeze is going to have my packing it in for a while. This will more than likely be my last post of the April 2013 Dewey's Read-a-Thon. For those that participated, no matter how much, I hope you had as much fun reading as I did.